Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod and Hue

Trouble shooting help?

My HomePod is very spotty with Philips Hue. Sometimes it has "difficulty connecting to your devices." Other time it says it can't, but 20 seconds later the lights come on. Most of the time it doesn't work at all. Homekit on my phone works, but not on the HomePod.

What I have done so far:

Reinstalled HomePod and Home Kit and Hue

Unplugged Alexa

Reset Hue dock

My wifi works fine during these tests. Curious if others have the same problem.

Thanks!

K

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2018 8:36 PM

Update:

Finally had time to call apple support. After an hour my HomePod is working much better! Seems like my AirPort Time Capsule was having issues connecting to my apple products. Weird because it worked fine with my Echo. I guess apple doesn't always play nice with each other. In trouble shooting, my iPad was able to see the HomePod as an option for airplay, but my phone and desktop didn't. All connected to the AirPort Time Capsule as a wifi.

Anyway, we just reset the AirPort and used AirPort Utility on other devices to reconnect to the internet. After that it worked. Still doesn't explain why my iPad was able to connect and not the other devices. Oh well... Everything seems to be working fine now!!! Now just waiting for more software updates for the HomePod to do more!!!

Thanks all for your help and advice!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2018 8:36 PM in response to BabaKazooey

Update:

Finally had time to call apple support. After an hour my HomePod is working much better! Seems like my AirPort Time Capsule was having issues connecting to my apple products. Weird because it worked fine with my Echo. I guess apple doesn't always play nice with each other. In trouble shooting, my iPad was able to see the HomePod as an option for airplay, but my phone and desktop didn't. All connected to the AirPort Time Capsule as a wifi.

Anyway, we just reset the AirPort and used AirPort Utility on other devices to reconnect to the internet. After that it worked. Still doesn't explain why my iPad was able to connect and not the other devices. Oh well... Everything seems to be working fine now!!! Now just waiting for more software updates for the HomePod to do more!!!

Thanks all for your help and advice!

Mar 24, 2018 8:18 PM in response to BabaKazooey

I am having a similar issue with my HomePod and Philips Hue lights.

I recently purchased the Philips Hue White Starter Kit from Apple soon after my HomePod was delivered. I setup the bridge and lights, but all of my Apple devices were having "no response" error messages even when the lights were working as expected. I reset my Hue Bridge and restarted the setup process. After this, I couldn't find the bulbs to pair them again. After multiple power cycles of the bridge, I was able to pair both lights. These lights are installed in my kitchen where the HomePod resides, and they are within 2 feet of each other as pendant lights above my kitchen island. The left bulb had no issues at all. The right bulb would rarely work as expected. It would not turn on with the other light. It would not dim the same amount at times. It wouldn't even work as expected in the Hue app. After talking to multiple friends that love their Hue lights, I was convinced I had a defective bulb. Apple exchanged the entire starter kit for a new starter kit.

The new starter kit setup process was the same as the first time except my HomePod cannot reach the new kit. My iPhone X and Apple Watch Series 2 can both connect with Siri and the Home app to connect and control the lights seamlessly. I reset my HomePod, and it is acting the same as before the reset.

Why is the HomePod having issues while my other devices are fine? I have other smart devices that still work fine with the HomePod (ecobee 3 lite thermostat, iHome iSP6 SmartPlug, iHome iSP100 Outdoor SmartPlug). I have two Apple TV 4th Generation models that have been setup as Home hubs. The Living Room Apple TV is currently set as the Home hub. The Kitchen HomePod and Bedroom Apple TV are showing a "Standby" status in the Hub section of the Home app on my iPhone.

HomePod and Hue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.