Page content loaded
I got it from Amazon and where I am now Apple doesn’t have a store. When I tried to chat with apple using my iPad’s SN, even that is expired. Don’t know what i was sold, to return it will cost me as much as a new one from where i am and by the time I’m back, the return deadline would have passed. As i saw it was a common issue, maybe someone has a new trick for it.
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support lists the steps I would have taken, and also states:
"Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of these issues:
- You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, or following the steps in this article.
- You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
- The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
- Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures.
- You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
- Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes."
http://www.mactech.com/content/how-find-your-nearest-apple-authorized-service-pr ovider-aasp lists other Authorized Apple Service Providers.
https://locate.apple.com/ is the official Apple link.
Why not contact Amazon and arrange a return or exchange? Assuming you bought from Amazon itself (they are an authorized reseller for iPads) and not an Amazon 3rd party seller that is.
As long as you’re within the sellers unconditional return period I would not even mess about with a warranty claim. I’d just return it and get a new device.
Question: A solution please for the ipad pro black screen ?