Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages (and messages only) banners not showing when in Do Not Disturb

When I have my iPhone in Do Not Disturb mode and I get a notification, it doesn't make a sound or vibrate or light up the screen, but the banner for the notification still shows on the screen if I light it manually. This is the intended behavior. However, this is true for all apps *except* text messages.

In other words: I usually have DND on at night while I sleep, but if at any moment I wake up and light up my screen, I can see all the notification banners that were generated while DND was on, *except* for text messages. I would like to fix it so that text message notification banners *also* show up on the screen while DND is on like every other app. This used to be the behavior, but at some point with some update (or something I did) it stopped working as intended.

Any ideas? Thank you!

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 4:33 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 12, 2018 9:23 AM in response to RMaia

I can't see any good reason for your issue, if settings are properly set, RMaia.

You could try to set them to "off", then restart your iphone, then set them back to "on", and test.

Or you can (in Settings>DND>Silent Mode) try to switch from "while iphone is locked" to "always" (and vice-versa) and test it.

One more thing: what happens to messages notifications when you disable DND? Do they appear and stay on locked screen as usual?

Regards

Giulio

Messages (and messages only) banners not showing when in Do Not Disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.