Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: safari history

I have a new iMac and safari history is not only showing history on Mac but history of safari on iPad how can I stop this

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Turn Safari 'off' in either of the two places that I mentioned (which, or both, that you do will partly depend upon whether you also have other devices/computers linked to that account that you do/don't want them to show on) - but as well as stopping history showing it will also stop favourites being kept in line between the two.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 2:31 AM in response to rodsmithf1 In response to rodsmithf1

Are you using the same iCloud account on both, and do you have Safari 'on' on both (System Preferences > iCloud > Safari on the Mac ; Settings > name > iCloud > Safari on the iPad) ? As well as history it also keeps your favourites in line between the two

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 2:31 AM in response to rodsmithf1 In response to rodsmithf1

Are you using the same iCloud account on both, and do you have Safari 'on' on both (System Preferences > iCloud > Safari on the Mac ; Settings > name > iCloud > Safari on the iPad) ? As well as history it also keeps your favourites in line between the two

Mar 13, 2018 2:31 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Solved

Mar 13, 2018 2:36 AM in response to rodsmithf1 In response to rodsmithf1

Turn Safari 'off' in either of the two places that I mentioned (which, or both, that you do will partly depend upon whether you also have other devices/computers linked to that account that you do/don't want them to show on) - but as well as stopping history showing it will also stop favourites being kept in line between the two.

Mar 13, 2018 2:36 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: rodsmithf1

Question: safari history