Question: MacPro 5,1 & Lenovo 27" screen max resolution issue
Tried many options before writing here, I don't have a solution
I have a Mac Pro 5,1 - 12-core 3.33 GHz - 20 GB Ram - SSD & Sata drives - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB - running Sierra
Computer is fine, used daily for pro audio work, not a glitch.
I just bought a Lenovo 27" screen, LEN L27q-10, with a max resolution of 2560 x 1440 QHD.
Before buying I made sure my, now older Mac, would be compatible with screens of such resolution.
Some info :
- The screen has only HDMI or Displayport connection
- a single ATI Radeon HD will allow up to 4K according specifications (with Minidisplay port only)
- DVI will allow up to 2560 x 1440
I cannot get the max resolution, only up to 1080p, I tried several cables and adapters, and I always have to choose "scaled" option from the Display Preferences Menu, default for display does not offer full resolution :
- Mini Displayport to Displayport (on both ports behind Mac) : screen does not power on at all
- Mini Displayport to HDMI (only the second port powers the screen) : max resolution of 1080p for clear image or 1600 x 900 (not really what I need), 2560 x 1440 not even showing up in choices
- DVI to HDMI : 2560 x 1440 available but extremely pixelated, almost unreadable : max resolution 1080p
...I am out of ideas
The cables used are brand new, not the cheapest models either.
How can I make this work, what could be wrong, anybody tried this screen?
Is it just this very screen that might be incompatible with ATI Radeon HD 5770? Opened up an account at Lenovo, but after one hour did not succeed in getting in touch with somebody, so not an immediate solution there.
If anyone has a make and model that works with Nehalem Mac Pro's at 2560 x 1440, am very interested
Any help appreciated,