Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Macbook air hard drive always full - documents?

Hello!

I'm always baffled when my mac air gives me the message saying the hard drive is full. I don't have that much stuff on it and I've tried all kinds of things to clear space. The caches don't contain anything large.

I've just checked the storage and it shows that the bulk of used space is "Documents" - 144 Gb of documents!

But when I go to my documents there are only 400 mb worth.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks ... Neil

User uploaded file

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 8:54 AM in response to neilorangepeel In response to neilorangepeel

"I've tried all kinds of things to clear space."

I would really be interested in what kind of stuff that you have been using. It has been my experience that apps that claim they will clean up disk space for you do far more harm then good on Macs.

Mar 12, 2018 8:54 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 9:01 AM in response to Allan Eckert In response to Allan Eckert

Thanks for the reply.

No I've avoided anything like that. All I've done is move large items, photo, video etc. onto an external drive. And today I've checked the caches and removed a couple of larger items but they were only a few Mb.

I too am wary of any apps or sites claiming to "clean"my mac 🙂

Mar 12, 2018 9:01 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 9:04 AM in response to neilorangepeel In response to neilorangepeel

It's the "Documents" part of the storage that is baffling me. I set out to move all documents onto my ext drive but then realised there were only a small amount. Is there any other type of document it might be referring to ?

Mar 12, 2018 9:04 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: neilorangepeel

Question: Macbook air hard drive always full - documents?