Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 Activity APP Flights Climbed inaccuracy

I climb sixty flights of fifteen steps each morning, but the count at the end of the activity varies between seven and twelve. Does anyone know if there is a fix for the problem? In previous iterations of iOS the count was inaccurate as well, but it was usually short by only five or six steps. To make matters worse, it has become more difficult to add the omitted flights manually or to edit the total.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 10:03 AM

2 replies

Mar 13, 2018 9:38 AM in response to 7yearmac

Hey there, 7yearmac!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you're seeing some inaccuracies with flights climbed in the Activity app. I'll be happy to help.

I suggest using the steps in this support article to calibrate your Apple Watch to improve the accuracy of your distance, pace, and calorie measurements. Calibrating your watch can also help it learn your fitness level and stride.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards.

Mar 13, 2018 1:21 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hi!

The problem has not been with an Apple Watch but with my iPhone 7, which I carry in my pocket when I run the stairs. The Activity app has always been off a bit, but it has been much worse in OS11 than in previous versions. I run 60 flights each morning. In earlier versions of the app it would usually give me a count of between 50 and 58 flights. Now the count is usually around eight to ten. This morning was the worst yet. It counted only 3 flights! I don't recall what the difference in elevation is required to count as a flight of stairs, but I assume the app thinks my staircase of 15 doesn't match it. I wish there were a way to change the setting so that the Activity app would count my staircase as a full flight.

iOS 11 Activity APP Flights Climbed inaccuracy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.