Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Downgrade from high sierra to sierra

Hey,

I was trying to downgrade my macbook pro (early 2011) from high sierra back to sierra. I downloaded sierra and i made an usb installation disk. Then i deleted high sierra from my mac and when i was trying to install sierra i got an error.

The error is this one:

the operation couldn\U2019t be completed. (com.apple.PackageKit.PKFileDownload error 5.)

Is there someone who had the same problem and who can help me with this?

Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

What exactly did you download, and how large was the installer file? How did you delete High Sierra? Is the installer in your Applications folder? How did you make the USB flash drive installer? Read How to Downgrade macOS High Sierra and macOS Reversion- How to Downgrade from High Sierra.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Mar 12, 2018 1:33 PM in response to christophefromedegem In response to christophefromedegem

What exactly did you download, and how large was the installer file? How did you delete High Sierra? Is the installer in your Applications folder? How did you make the USB flash drive installer? Read How to Downgrade macOS High Sierra and macOS Reversion- How to Downgrade from High Sierra.

Mar 12, 2018 1:33 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: christophefromedegem

Question: Downgrade from high sierra to sierra