Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow updates to Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail updates are very very slow...and my settings are as recommended (Fetch & Automatically in the Accou still and Passwords section of Settings) and it’s still lousy. It didnt use to be this way. Apple changed something about how Yahoo Mail gets updated within the Apple Mail app. If I use the Yahoo Mail app, updates are much faster...like they use to be on Apple.

Why?

Is there something else I can do to make it faster? My iPad is new.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 1:53 PM

1 reply

Mar 12, 2018 1:56 PM in response to mvsck4

mvsck4 wrote:

Yahoo Mail updates are very very slow...and my settings are as recommended (Fetch & Automatically in the Accou still and Passwords section of Settings) and it’s still lousy. It didnt use to be this way. Apple changed something about how Yahoo Mail gets updated within the Apple Mail app. If I use the Yahoo Mail app, updates are much faster...like they use to be on Apple.

Why?

Is there something else I can do to make it faster? My iPad is new.

Apple didn't change anything, Yahoo email has also been horrible using the built in map(you can search Yahoo and see the countless threads), which is why they yahoo keep pushing you to use their app instead of Apples.

I've read yahoo no longer supports push on apple built in app.

Slow updates to Yahoo Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.