Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m using Yahoo Mail on my iPhone 12 email app. For the past month it has slowed considerably. Is anyone else experiencing this? I’m using iOS 15.5.

I’m using Yahoo Mail on my iPhone12 email app. I’m running iOS 15.5. For the past month mail is very slow. Slow to get headers. Slow to get content. Sometimes there’s a blank screen. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 11:27 AM

You may know that there are two settings (Fetch and Push Mails). What have you set?

Google, AOL, Yahoo - Only the Fetch mail Option is available

iCloud, Exchange, Outlook - Both Fetch and Push Mail option is available

1. Push Mail: Whenever possible the email client will push emails to all your devices.
  2. Fetch Mail: You need to set How you want it to be fetched, Automatically, Manually, Hourly, Every 30 mins, every 15 mins
    1. Automatically: will fetch when the iPhone is powered and on WiFi
    2. Manually: with fetch when you open email, open Inbox and swipe down
    3. You get an email notification as soon as the client-server receives an email and your device is connected to the internet, irrespective of whether the mail is in your device's Inbox or not

For email, this is called Push / Fetch Settings. You may know that there are two settings (Fetch and Push Mails). What have you set? Watch the GIF below

Google, AOL, Yahoo - Only Fetch mail Option is available

1. Push Mail: Whenever possible the email client will push emails to all your devices.
  2. Fetch Mail: You need to set How you want it to be fetched, Automatically, Manually, Hourly, Every 30 mins, every 15 mins
    3. You get an email notification as soon as the client-server receives an email and your device is connected to the internet, irrespective of whether the mail is in your device's Inbox or not

Watch the GIF below

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 11:27 AM in response to ajmule

You may know that there are two settings (Fetch and Push Mails). What have you set?

Google, AOL, Yahoo - Only the Fetch mail Option is available

For email, this is called Push / Fetch Settings. You may know that there are two settings (Fetch and Push Mails). What have you set? Watch the GIF below

Google, AOL, Yahoo - Only Fetch mail Option is available

Watch the GIF below

Jul 3, 2022 11:28 AM in response to ajmule

Hi there,

First, make sure there's not any update available for the app you're using in the App Store or/and wait for the next update: maybe there's a particular issue with the app. (you can also directly try to contact the app developer)

Besides, visit the following page to get few tips about your iPhone perofmances: About iOS or iPadOS performance on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I’m using Yahoo Mail on my iPhone 12 email app. For the past month it has slowed considerably. Is anyone else experiencing this? I’m using iOS 15.5.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.