Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Computer is asking to pair a bluetooth keyboard I dont have?

I cannot access my macbook air with OSsierra because it is asking to pair a bluetooth keyboard. I am aware that this computer is starting to degrade (I have had it for almost 7 years), but I really need to access my files. I am not sure of the issue at all. plz give me some ideas. Cant even boot because it gets stuck asking for a bluetooth keyboard (already connected a mouse in the usb)

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

See if resetting the SMC helps > How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 16, 2018 2:46 PM in response to EdgyKoala In response to EdgyKoala

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time. You may need to do this several times.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Mar 16, 2018 2:46 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: EdgyKoala

Question: Computer is asking to pair a bluetooth keyboard I dont have?