Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV music streaming lag while tv is off

I stream my local DLNA Songs through my iPhone 7 Plus with my Denon AV tuner and display to Sony Smart Tv, if my tv is on, AirPlay is playing perfect, for listening songs, it’s unnecessary that Tv should On, so I switched off, few minutes later, Apple TV music streaming is lagging and very frustrating. Please give a solution for this. Waiting eagerly

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 8:52 PM

3 replies

Mar 13, 2018 4:41 AM in response to AlexDale

Hi Alex,

I connect my apple tv in this manner

Apple TV - Denon AV8500 Pre Tuner - Sony WD800 TV.

(this problem occurs, Both in Apple TV's Music app as well as from my iphone 7 Plus (that streams Songs from my local DLNA))

When the Tv is on, Apple tv plays very normal, if i switch off the TV suddenly song streaming lagging instantly.

FYI, Previously I used Apple TV 3, in that i never had a problem with my Optical Digital out, but in same Apple TV, I had this same experience. in that ATV3, i just ignored this issue because i simply alternate my audio out with optical rather HDMI.

This how i am helpless, Plesae guide me with a solution.

Regards,

Tony Felix.F

India

Mar 13, 2018 6:10 AM in response to TonyFelix

Hi,

Which Apple TV do you currently have?

So just to clarify, you run the HDMI from the Apple TV into the AV Receiver and then the output of this into the TV? Is there anything that is being sent from the TV to the receiver such as HDMI ARC or similar?

Could you try unplugging the connection between the TV and the AV Receiver and tell me the result? It sounds like signal is somehow being sent through the TV for something and when the TV is turned off, this is dramatically slowing the signal chain?

Let me know.

A.

Apple TV music streaming lag while tv is off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.