Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Email Scam... Has anyone else received this?

User uploaded file

I assume this to be some sort of scam, but given that outside of iTunes (don't kill me!), I am generally not an Apple user, I thought it best to ask.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond to, or otherwise act on the email.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 13, 2018 4:22 AM in response to lcpielow In response to lcpielow

It's a phishing email - you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Mar 13, 2018 4:22 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 4:41 AM in response to lcpielow In response to lcpielow

Excellent, and thank you for the very quick responses! Like I said, I'm kind of an Apple amateur & wanted to be sure! At least I didn't cave in to curiosity and open the PDF

😂

Mar 13, 2018 4:41 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 4:43 AM in response to lcpielow In response to lcpielow

You may be a new user but you did the right thing by asking here. This is what I usually write in these circumstances.

A genuine message from Apple will always address you by your name or the name they know you by … and come from an address that ends @apple.com.

Never respond to a mail that does not meet both of the conditions above or indeed, that you feel suspicious about.

Send a copy of the email (as an attachment) to Apple at …. Reportphishing@apple.com

Mar 13, 2018 4:43 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: lcpielow

Question: Email Scam... Has anyone else received this?