Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail email not updating read flag and deletions from another apple device

Gmail email not updating read flag and deletions from another apple device.

About a month ago (mid Jan 2018 - mid Feb) my Gmail account on the IOS my devices started working more like a POP3 account than an IMAP account (i.e. when I read a message on one Apple device, or delete it, the status of the same message does not change on other Apple email clients). I believe that the software version was 11.2.4. The problem exists in Mail on my iPhone and on my iPad.

I seem to recall that Apple released an IOS patch in 11.2.5 that was to address certain issues with the Mail client. But it did not resolve the problem, nor has 11.2.6.

Any help will be much appreciated.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 5:25 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 13, 2018 5:59 PM in response to Fredo610

Hello Fredo,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that changes to mail messages on one Apple device do not show up on other Apple devices with the same email account. In a situation like this I would check with the email service provider and make sure that all the email account settings are the same on all your Apple devices.

Mail settings you might need from your email provider - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Gmail email not updating read flag and deletions from another apple device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.