Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Batch Has More Than One Target With The Same URL

Sorry that this is a repeat post but I wanted to expand the title but it was too late.

I am trying to use the latest fcpx/compressor combination after my final cut studio2 rig imploded. Having an old machine around is not an option for me right now so I am struggling big time with the “new paradigm” on a 2017 iMac. I still do dance recitals and weddings. Yep, that means DVDs. Lots of them. I’m trying to create .m2v and dolby ac3 files. I keep getting the above message when I submit a batch. Im still unfamiliar with the interface but it looks like I’ve got a batch that has a dozen or two source files, one for each type of file that can be produced. I the get the above error message when I submit the batch. I can’t seem to delete them because when I quit and come back they reappear! This is driving me nuts. What am I missing?

Again, Sorry about the repost

Pete D.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 16GB RAM

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2018 5:13 AM

From your screen shot, the original is in red, which means Compressor is unable to locate it. Delete them all, clear your Batch window completely.

I've never seen a situation where multiple targets are automatically assigned to an original to be transcoded. Let's start with clearing away all that old stuff in the Batch window.

Go to Preferences, to the General section. Make sure Setting is set to None, and Location is set to Source. Then make sure that both options are checked for the "After starting new batch" section.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2018 5:13 AM in response to Peter Durso

From your screen shot, the original is in red, which means Compressor is unable to locate it. Delete them all, clear your Batch window completely.

I've never seen a situation where multiple targets are automatically assigned to an original to be transcoded. Let's start with clearing away all that old stuff in the Batch window.

Go to Preferences, to the General section. Make sure Setting is set to None, and Location is set to Source. Then make sure that both options are checked for the "After starting new batch" section.

Mar 16, 2018 4:03 AM in response to BenB

BenB,

i did those steps a few times. No joy. I just re-installed Compressor. Still the same. I have been blindly banging around both FCP and Compressor over the last week or so and I do remember seeing a screen that somewhat resembled the Compressor screens I used in a previous version. I have no idea what I did but this is what I now see:

In the left of the Compressor screen, where I would be able to build the batch and select the preset conversions, I now see a preview screen. Attached and below the preview screen is the name of the project I am attempting to pass to Compressor, and a long list below that. That list has one entry per line for every format that compressor can create. At the bottom of that window is a submit batch button. When I press that submit button I get the error message complaining that there are too many files with the same destination. That’s a paraphrase. I get this same screen whether I “send to compressor” from FCP, or if I run Compressor from the Finder. I can’t seem to be able to dismiss the preview screen/list. I have made a few .m2v/.ac3 exports using a share bundle out of FCP but since I have over thirty projects to process I would like to be able to do a few batches instead of converting one by one.

Any thoughts are very welcome!

thanks,

Pete D.

Mar 22, 2018 10:02 AM in response to Peter Durso

I should also mention that the list of batch items that contains many, many file outputs, also has about 8 or ten batches, all with the same plethora of output files in them.

I know it is probably something real obvious but I simply don't see it.

Not being able to batch share is really a pain when I have 20 or so projects to convert.

Thanks in advance,

PeteD.

Apr 2, 2018 11:10 AM in response to BenB

I fired up compressor and the red file was not there anymore. The dozens of other files were still right there. I took the steps that you mentioned above and everything is working fine now. I try to keep data files and results files off my start up disk, so I fiddled around with the dialog boxes and the results are no longer in my User/Documents folder.

THANKS

The Batch Has More Than One Target With The Same URL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.