Question: Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access
Need to create a CSR and per the instructions here it says that I highlighted in red Keychain Access drop down menu select Keychain Access.
I don't have any drop down at all. Can anyone help here? Thanks.
To manually generate a Certificate, you need a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) file from your Mac. To create a CSR file, follow the instructions below to create one using Keychain Access.
Create a CSR file.
In the Applications folder on your Mac, open the Utilities folder and launch Keychain Access.
Within the Keychain Access drop down menu, select Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate from a Certificate Authority.
- In the Certificate Information window, enter the following information:
- In the User Email Address field, enter your email address.
- In the Common Name field, create a name for your private key (e.g., John Doe Dev Key).
- The CA Email Address field should be left empty.
- In the "Request is" group, select the "Saved to disk" option.
- Click Continue within Keychain Access to complete the CSR generating process.
MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), macOS Sierra (10.12.4)