Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I clean up Open With menu in High Sierra 10.13.3

How do I clean up Open With menu in High Sierra 10.13.3?

Most of the duplicates are from previous versions of frequently updated apps: Creative Cloud, Google, Chrome, etc.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 9:32 AM

Launch Terminal Triple click anywhere on the following line to copy entire line then at the prompt copy & paste this command: Then press return. Wait for the cursor to return to the command line.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain u -domain s -domain l -v

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 9:32 AM in response to Carol in Chicago

Launch Terminal Triple click anywhere on the following line to copy entire line then at the prompt copy & paste this command: Then press return. Wait for the cursor to return to the command line.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain u -domain s -domain l -v

How do I clean up Open With menu in High Sierra 10.13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.