Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I edit "My Card" in contacts on my iphone with my information it deletes when I leave contacts and creates a contact un my name, but leaves my card empty.

When I edit "My Card" in contacts on my iphone with my information it deletes when I leave contacts and creates a contact un my name, but leaves my card empty.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 10:14 AM

Hi fromgreenland,

I understand that your contact card is not saving the information you're adding on your iPhone. It looks like it updates a contact with your name but not your card.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend to close out of the Contacts app and restart your iPhone, then see if you're able to edit your contact card.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still unable to edit your contact card, you may want to try deleting the Contacts app then reinstalling it on your iPhone. Deleting the app shouldn't erase any of your contact information, they are still available in the Phone app.

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch
Let me know how those steps work out for you and thanks for posting in the Apple Support Community.
Best regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 10:14 AM in response to fromgreenland

Hi fromgreenland,

I understand that your contact card is not saving the information you're adding on your iPhone. It looks like it updates a contact with your name but not your card.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend to close out of the Contacts app and restart your iPhone, then see if you're able to edit your contact card.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still unable to edit your contact card, you may want to try deleting the Contacts app then reinstalling it on your iPhone. Deleting the app shouldn't erase any of your contact information, they are still available in the Phone app.

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch
Let me know how those steps work out for you and thanks for posting in the Apple Support Community.
Best regards.

Mar 14, 2018 1:05 PM in response to fromgreenland

Hi fromgreenland,

Thanks for the update. Since you're still having trouble with the contact card, I recommend to reinstall iOS on your iPhone. This shouldn't affect any of your data, but it is always a good practice to make sure you have a current backup in iTunes or iCloud. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps in the section titled "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" from the following article. These steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help isolate the situation further. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.