Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally converted Admin account to managed

I bought a new iMac and used the Time Machine backup to transfer all the files from the old iMac (which just had a single admin user). On the new iMac, I wanted to set up Parental Controls so I converted the single admin user to a managed user. When I went to make changes to the Parental Controls later on to whitelist some sites that were being flagged incorrectly, I tried to log in and make changes but it said my admin password was wrong. Since I didn't change the password, and it still works on the old iMac, I'm not sure what the issue is. I tried restoring from the backup again but that didn't fix it. Any ideas where to go next? Thanks.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 5:24 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Accidentally converted Admin account to managed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.