Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Overheating and Battery Drain

Hello,

When doing things a simple as using Instagram or listening to music with the screen on, the battery drains extremely fast if I don't have low power mode on (3-5% every few minutes) on my iPhone 7, Jet Black. Location usage is not an issue; furthermore, my phone gets extremely hot at random times of the day, too. I used to own an iPad and that would never happen to me, could it be because I am using data for everything in iOS (I have unlimited) or is there something in the background that is causing this?

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 11:26 AM

Hi Mv5903,

I'm happy to provide some help with your iPhone battery issues. I understand that it drains quicker than expected, and gets warm.

Check out the following resources for help with your iPhone temperature and Battery performance:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support
iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 11:26 AM in response to Mv5903

Hi Mv5903,

I'm happy to provide some help with your iPhone battery issues. I understand that it drains quicker than expected, and gets warm.

Check out the following resources for help with your iPhone temperature and Battery performance:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support
iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

iPhone 7 Overheating and Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.