Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Problem with ImportM3U Script

Hello,


I have some playlists (that I exported from foobar2000) that have duplicate tracks in them. I am importing these playlists into iTunes. I want the duplicate tracks to be in the playlists. But, when I import the playlist into iTunes, iTunes automatically removes the duplicate tracks. I don't want that to happen. Is there a way to import playlists into iTunes while keeping the duplicate tracks in them?


I found another discussion asking the same question: How do I allow duplicate songs to be included when importing an m3u playlist?


This discussion includes a script called ImportM3U (here: http://samsoft.org.uk/iTunes/scripts.asp#ImportM3U ) which appears to have solved that problem for some, however, for me it did not, because when I tried to use the script as instructed (by dragging the m3u file to the ImportM3U.vbs icon), then it would ask "Create a playlist called [name] and add [number] items to it?", I would click "OK", then I would get one of various error messages:


Script: C:\Downloads\Import\M3U.vbs

Line: 831

Char: 7

Error: the object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Code: 80010108

Source: (null)


^also, for the above error message, sometimes it would say Line 836 instead of Line 831


or, I would get this:


Line: 830

Char: 7

Error: Class doesn't support Automation: 'resizable'

Code: 800A01AE

Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error



And now I can't recreate the 3rd error message, but it was something like: "can't start Process 'InternetExplorer'" or something like that.


For the times when I get one of the first 2 error messages, the script always launches Internet Explorer on a basically blank page called "ImportM3U".


I'm assuming this problem is happening because I'm on Windows 10? Not sure. This script was made (I think) by turingtest2, and I thought about sending him a PM, but, couldn't find a way to do that, plus this way, anyone else encountering this problem will see this thread.


I see here that someone else was encountering a similar problem with this: Re: Converting WinAmp (M3U) Playlists Into iTunes (XML) Playlists


Okay, I opened the playlist in Notepad and might have found what's causing the problem. In Notepad, I went down to about the 830's (of the playlist order), and I found referenced files with names like these:


D:\Music\OFFICIAL MUSIC LIBRARY\Music\Daniel Barenboim_ Chicago Symphony Orche\Ravel_ Boléro, Rapsodie Espagnole, Pavan\01 Ravel_ Daphnis & Chloe Suite #2 -.m4a

D:\Music\OFFICIAL MUSIC LIBRARY\Music\Colin Davis_ Bavarian Radio Symphony Orc\60 Jahre Symphonieorchester Des Bayerisc\4-02 Elgar_ Enigma Variations - 1. (.m4a

D:\Music\OFFICIAL MUSIC LIBRARY\Music\Colin Davis_ Bavarian Radio Symphony Orc\60 Jahre Symphonieorchester Des Bayerisc\4-11 Elgar_ Enigma Variations - 10..m4a


There are multiple files with these endings, I just chose one of each. For example, tracks 1-9 of that "Enigma Variations" recording have that parenthesis-dot ending, and tracks 10-14 all have the double dot ending. I'm assuming it's probably the double dots causing the problem with the script?


Hopefully this post makes sense, I appreciate any help.

Windows 10, null

Posted on

Reply
Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Hi there.


First find what is currently line 76 in the script that reads:


Prog=True ' Display progress bar


and change True to False. This will stop the script from trying to display a progress bar in an IE window. I think that is what is causing the issue. The line numbers in the error message relate to the script, not the file you are importing. That is probably all you need to do, assuming the filenames agree with the data in your playlist. Both ..<ext> and (.<ext> are permissible at the end of a filename.


tt2

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Mar 14, 2018 4:32 AM in response to murrin26 In response to murrin26

Hi there.


First find what is currently line 76 in the script that reads:


Prog=True ' Display progress bar


and change True to False. This will stop the script from trying to display a progress bar in an IE window. I think that is what is causing the issue. The line numbers in the error message relate to the script, not the file you are importing. That is probably all you need to do, assuming the filenames agree with the data in your playlist. Both ..<ext> and (.<ext> are permissible at the end of a filename.


tt2

Mar 14, 2018 4:32 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 6:14 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

Thank you, that change worked. I dragged the script into Notepad (to open the script in Notepad) and then went to line 76 of text and made the change you described. I was then able to use the script without issue and import the playlists (with duplicates) as I liked. Thank you for your help with this.

Mar 17, 2018 6:14 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: murrin26

Question: Problem with ImportM3U Script