Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pay - new card details

Hello,

I recently received a new bank card as my old one has expired. I have used it twice (first using PIN then contactless).

I am curious as to how Apple Pay wallet has already updated itself with my new bank card details (last 4 digits of card number - NOT Device account number) as I thought this would require a manual update?Reg

How is this so?

Regards,

JT

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 7:56 AM

In most cases, your Bank or Credit Card issuing institution will automatically update the card details unless they don't support card updates.

Manage the cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

While you can't change your card number or expiration date, it should update automatically when you get a new card. If your issuer doesn't support updates, you might need to remove the card, then add it again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 7:56 AM in response to Weonlywon5-1

In most cases, your Bank or Credit Card issuing institution will automatically update the card details unless they don't support card updates.

Manage the cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

While you can't change your card number or expiration date, it should update automatically when you get a new card. If your issuer doesn't support updates, you might need to remove the card, then add it again.

Apple pay - new card details

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.