Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple pay - new card details

Hello,

I recently received a new bank card as my old one has expired. I have used it twice (first using PIN then contactless).

I am curious as to how Apple Pay wallet has already updated itself with my new bank card details (last 4 digits of card number - NOT Device account number) as I thought this would require a manual update?Reg

How is this so?

Regards,

JT

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

In most cases, your Bank or Credit Card issuing institution will automatically update the card details unless they don't support card updates.

Manage the cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

While you can't change your card number or expiration date, it should update automatically when you get a new card. If your issuer doesn't support updates, you might need to remove the card, then add it again.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Mar 14, 2018 7:56 AM in response to Weonlywon5-1 In response to Weonlywon5-1

In most cases, your Bank or Credit Card issuing institution will automatically update the card details unless they don't support card updates.

Manage the cards that you use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

While you can't change your card number or expiration date, it should update automatically when you get a new card. If your issuer doesn't support updates, you might need to remove the card, then add it again.

Mar 14, 2018 7:56 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Weonlywon5-1

Question: Apple pay - new card details