Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shazam on Apple Watch - not working

I have the Apple Watch Series 3 - GPS only. I installed Shazam but everytime I launch it on the watch, it says it is listening and "we'll tap you when we find a match" - from there it goes to telling me that it was saved until a match is found. It doesn't go anywhere from there. Shazam on my iPhone will recognize te same song, but not on the watch. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.2.3, gps only

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 5:44 AM

Hi There,

Could you please confirm that your Watch was either paired to your iPhone at the time, or if the Watch had sufficient signal. If you could try running other internet based applications from the watch before and after using Shazam and let me know the results.

If you find you have a good connection and the Watch is loading internet applications successfully, then I would suggest re-installing the App using the Watch App on the paired iPhone.

Failing that, I would suggest resetting the Watch and then re-pairing with the iPhone and seeing if this makes a difference.

Hope this helps!

A.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 5:44 AM in response to linram

Hi There,

Could you please confirm that your Watch was either paired to your iPhone at the time, or if the Watch had sufficient signal. If you could try running other internet based applications from the watch before and after using Shazam and let me know the results.

If you find you have a good connection and the Watch is loading internet applications successfully, then I would suggest re-installing the App using the Watch App on the paired iPhone.

Failing that, I would suggest resetting the Watch and then re-pairing with the iPhone and seeing if this makes a difference.

Hope this helps!

A.

Apr 3, 2018 6:20 PM in response to Daos05

I have the same problem. I have a series 3 Cellular. It stopped shazaming probably over two weeks ago. Yet my iPhone 6s which sits right next to me in the cup holder with 5 bars can Shazam it. So even if the watch went to the cellular network on my watch 5 bars is plenty enough signal. I have deleted the app and reinstalled. But getting pretty tired of constantly having to delete and reinstall. Also the watch doesn’t seem to talk to the phone so when it did Shazam I lost all the shazams on my watch. I prefer to use the watch while driving because that’s when I listen to the radio. So I use the complication on my watch Face so i don’t take my eyes off the road. Guess have to look for a new app that’s watch friendly. We shouldn’t have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling to allow it to work with the network.

Apr 19, 2018 4:44 PM in response to Zech 4:6

I'm having the exact same problem. I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling on my apple watch (Series 3 with cellular) and for awhile it was working but then it stopped. The Shazam app on iPhone works fine. All my settings are set so that Shazam app on watch has access to my iPhone microphone.

I cannot figure out what is happening. This seems to have started with either an IOS update or possibly a Shazam update, can't remember now which one it was. Before then Shazam on my Apple watch worked beautifully. And I agree with others on this thread: Using the Applewatch is a convenient fast way to initiate a Shazam and that is why I have it installed as a complication.

The Shazam app is constantly being updated, so you would think if it was within Shazam's control it would have been fixed by now.

Apr 19, 2018 4:58 PM in response to palmerimoots

for what it is worth, I just deleted the Shazam app from my iPhone and reinstalled it again (and of course that reinstalled itself on the Applewatch), and now the Applewatch Shazam app works. Sometimes I wonder if this is somehow connected to the fact that I sometimes connect my iPhone to my car through CarPlay. I have not a shred of evidence to back this notion up -- just wondering if there could possibly a connection.

Shazam on Apple Watch - not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.