Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find "On My iPhone" in locations in Files

I was trying to save a attachement from "Mail" to phone storage but in "Save to Files --> On My iPhone" is not highlighted. It's allowing to save to iCloud or Goold Drive but not iPhone storage.

Then I went to check in "Files" app, there is no "On My iPhone" option at all in locations even after edit. Please help. (iOS 11.2.6)User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 12:09 PM

3 replies

Mar 14, 2018 7:43 PM in response to LACAllen

Thanks for reply Allen, but I am talking about "On My iPhone" option in "Files" app as well. I just checked Apple support page for "Files" and the top most option is "On My iPhone", enclosing the screenshort from there for reference, screenshort of my "Files" app posted earlier. If you still think I need an app that provides access to local storage, could you please mention one?User uploaded file

Mar 14, 2018 8:29 PM in response to Sravan37

I understand what you are looking for. It won't be present until an app allows for it. It is provided for by an app developer that allows local storage in addition to cloud based storage.

Apple's iWork apps will get you you this feature. Garageband, Pages, Keynote, Numbers.

Once you create a document in these apps, you select it from the main app page called Recents. Click on the BROWSE folder on the bottom and you will now see a ON MY IPHONE folder with a folder named for the app.

To be clear though... only the app that created the local folder our any of the cloud folders can use it. The Files app is not Finder for iOS. You will not have access to the device's filesystem.

I can't find "On My iPhone" in locations in Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.