Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I am trying to set up a new iPad as the same strings as my phone but the iPad is not up to date and I can’t chose the backup that my phone has

The iPad is on ios 9.3.5 and we are trying to choose a backup but they are all 11.2

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

What model of iPad is it? Can it be updated to iOS 11?

If it cannot be updated, then you will not be able to use those backups with it.

If it can, then you need to update it first, and then restore it to use the 11.2 backups.

Read here for details:

Restoring from an iTunes or iCloud backup when a later version of iOS is required - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 14, 2018 1:33 PM in response to Bre346798 In response to Bre346798

What model of iPad is it? Can it be updated to iOS 11?

If it cannot be updated, then you will not be able to use those backups with it.

If it can, then you need to update it first, and then restore it to use the 11.2 backups.

Read here for details:

Restoring from an iTunes or iCloud backup when a later version of iOS is required - Apple Support

Mar 14, 2018 1:33 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Bre346798

Question: I am trying to set up a new iPad as the same strings as my phone but the iPad is not up to date and I can’t chose the backup that my phone has