Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost mode

My boyfriend stole my iPhone 7plus. It’s now in lost mode. Can he access it with my passcode?

iPhone 7 Plus, Lost mode

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 10:18 PM

If he were to erase my iPhone, then would it be true that he still would not to be able to access any of my data, and meddle with my busines ... he will essentially erase all information, data, etc from my iPhone, correct?

Yes. It will be erased. Either by his actions or yours.

In that case, would my iPad which I am working off of right now (he stole my MacBook Pro as well) retain my Gmail, contacts, photos, etc?

Your iPad will be unaffected.

There is Lost Mode for your Macbook as well, if you had enabled it. It is called Find My Mac. Do you know if that was enabled?

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

I would suggest you change your Apple ID password asap as well for extra safety.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 10:18 PM in response to rachelfrommanyplaces

If he were to erase my iPhone, then would it be true that he still would not to be able to access any of my data, and meddle with my busines ... he will essentially erase all information, data, etc from my iPhone, correct?

Yes. It will be erased. Either by his actions or yours.

In that case, would my iPad which I am working off of right now (he stole my MacBook Pro as well) retain my Gmail, contacts, photos, etc?

Your iPad will be unaffected.

There is Lost Mode for your Macbook as well, if you had enabled it. It is called Find My Mac. Do you know if that was enabled?

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

I would suggest you change your Apple ID password asap as well for extra safety.

Mar 14, 2018 9:04 PM in response to ari_fz

Sorry to be confusing. My iphone is still in lost mode, and I am able to track it. When I went into iCloud.com through my iPad to enable the iPhone lost mode, it asked for a passcode and I entered a different from the passcode to my iPhone. Is that sufficient to prevent him from accessing my iPhone? Another thought is if I erase my iPhone through iCloud.com in the lost mode will I lose everything that is synced to my iPad?

Mar 14, 2018 9:46 PM in response to LACAllen

I’m relieved if you don’t think he has access to my phone. If he had access, would he necessarily know that it is in lost mode, i.e. would a notification show up on the screen if he tried to access my iPhone with the passcode that he alrea knew? and if so, then in order to gain access he would have to know the passcode that I created through iCloud.com on my iPad to activate the lost mode to my iPhone, is that correct?

Thank you you for helping. I am just trying to avoid erasing my iPhone through iCloud.com in the lost mode

Mar 14, 2018 10:14 PM in response to LACAllen

If he were to erase my iPhone, then would it be true that he still would not to be able to access any of my data, and meddle with my busines ... he will essentially erase all information, data, etc from my iPhone, correct? In that case, would my iPad which I am working off of right now (he stole my MacBook Pro as well) retain my Gmail, contacts, photos, etc?

Lost mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.