Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini, mid 2010 (A1347) memory upgrade.

I have a Mac mini, mid 2010 (A1347) with 2 Gb of memory. When looking to upgrade the unit's memory, I noticed the memory installed in the mini is labeled: PC3-8500S instead of the PC3-10600, like is specified in Apple support for this model. Question: What model mini do I actually have and what type of memory should I be using in it?

It is the low-profile style but with a superdrive.

Mac mini

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 10:26 PM

User uploaded file

https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Apple_Mac_mini/DDR3

6 replies

Mar 15, 2018 8:45 AM in response to Coloradokev

Order it from Apple: you will get a quality product having "right part number" for your motherboard which MEANS EVERYTHING.

You can get an "ok upgrade" on a PC or Apple - but off-brand memory can effect performance or even cause lockups. You have to know exactly what your doing and cannot take "street advice" (unless you know how to deal with false street advice).

There are known issues with iMac from improper memory upgrades: you might even end up causing an upgrade crash and a need to completely reformat the apple partition (may require a new apple drive if you don't have a spare).

website info, even the above (offered by other poster), is "street advice". do not take it with a grain of salt. at least call Apple support!

Mac mini, mid 2010 (A1347) memory upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.