Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up the iPhone to see my child's text .

What r the steps to be able see my child's text. It was set once but I can't remember how to do it.

Thx

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 3:58 AM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2018 6:00 AM in response to sheafromlynchburg

If they have iMessage setup you can enable Test Message Forwarding to another device (I've done this with my Mac). See here: How to forward SMS/MMS texts on your iPhone - Apple Support. This will cause your child's iPhone to forward to your other device. Note however that your child could turn this off on their iPhone - I don't see anything in restrictions to disable this. Restrictions can stop them from turning off iMessage though - so you'd be able to always see those on the other device.

Also be aware that with the future iMessage in the cloud coming when you read a text on the other device it may mark the message read on the iPhone letting your child know someone has read it.

How do I set up the iPhone to see my child's text .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.