Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

frequent apple id verification and new apple id notification

I am getting frequent Apple ID verification requests on all of my devices. I just set up the two factor verification a few days ago from my iphone and now almost every time I unlock my phone or my husband unlocks his or my daughter unlocks hers we get a request for Apple ID Verification. Why?? I thought that the two factor verification would not do this.

Two factor verification ***** if I have to keep doing this on all of my devices every time I want to use the stupid thing?!?! We all have ipads, iphones and iwatches. it is happening on all of them all of the time.

I also just now, today, got a new message telling me "the passcode you use to unlock this iphone is used to access your apple ID, saved passwords, and other data stored in icloud when you sign in on a new device". Does this mean that Apple has chosen to change my Apple ID password on all of my other devices to my iPhone password?

This is stupid.

Is this why it is asking for verification all of the time? Did Apple choose to change my password on all other devices except mine?

HELP!!!!!

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 8:08 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 15, 2018 9:02 AM in response to mfrisinger

If you are all using the same Apple ID, the password will be the same no matter which device it is used on. You might want to consider getting everyone their own Apple ID. Apple IDs aren't meant to be shared. You could then set up Family Sharing.

There may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. Also set up Family Sharing to keep access to your apps. Also see Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion

Apple ID – Create

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another

Apple ID email address or password - What to do after you change

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing

Family Sharing -What types of content can I share?

Family Sharing - If you don‘t see your family‘s shared content

Family Sharing - Ask to Buy

Family Sharing - purchases and payments

Family Sharing - Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books

Family Sharing – share iCloud Storage

Family Sharing - Share an iCloud storage plan with your family

Family Sharing and location

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Reference the sign in request, see if anything here helps.

Password - Device keeps asking for your iCloud login - 5 fixes for iCloud login bug, in iOS 8 and iOS 9

Sign in - How to stop iCloud from asking you to repeatedly on iPhone and iPad

Mar 15, 2018 8:40 AM in response to Eric Root

What I am saying is that I enabled the two-factor authentication on my iPhone a few days ago.

Now just today I have had to enter my apple id password (that I have not changed) and the 2 factor code into my phone twice today.

My husband uses the same apple id on his phone and he has had to enter the same apple id and password (again... that I have not changed) and the 2 factor code into his phone twice today.

My daughter uses the same apple id on her phone and she has had to enter the same apple id and password (again... that I have not changed) and the 2 factor code into her phone twice today.

I thought that the 2 factor authentication made it where we would not be entering the apple id and password and 2 factor code several times a day for every device.

Mar 15, 2018 8:45 AM in response to Eric Root

What I am saying about the password thing is...

Today for the first time ever I received this message on my phone after entering the apple id, password and 2 factor code for the second time.

"The passcode you use to unlock this iphone is used to access your apple ID, saved passwords, and other data stored in icloud when you sign in on a new device".

What I need to know is does this new message actually mean that Apple has chosen to change my Apple ID password on all of my other devices to my iPhone password?

If this does mean that I have to have my daughter and my husband use my iphone password/passcode to sign into their device then I need to figure out something else. This is crazy.

frequent apple id verification and new apple id notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.