Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instead of Verification Code Ask Me to Change Password

Have iPad Air and iPhone and two-factor enabled on one single icloud account. Try to Install Zoom from App Store on iPad, input password for Apple ID, it said send a verification code to iPhone. But what iPhone got was:

Change Apple ID Password?

If you think someone is trying to sign in to your account, you should change your password.

Not Now  Continue

First I chose "Not Now", it disappeared and nothing else come up, and iPad won't continue installation. Off both for 2 minutes, turn back on, repeated same on iPad, no more msg got on iPhone.

Two days later, I chose "Continue" and change password, reboot both again. Wait for a day, still getting the same "Change Apple ID Password" and no verification code.

A day later, I added a phone number under two-factor verification, this is a real number of an Android. It was successful. Reboot both iPhone and iPad.

Yesterday, thought all set, still receiving the same on iPhone, and nothing on Android phone.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 11:45 AM

On the iPhone, since you have changed your Ipassword, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.  *

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 31, 2021 3:18 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the info. Answer is Yes with more details below

Two days later, I chose "Continue" and change password, reboot both again. Wait for a day, tap on App Store on iPad, prompted for password, input the new one, it said sending a verification code to iPhone still getting the same "Change Apple ID Password" and no verification code.

A day later, I added a phone number under two-factor verification, this is a real number of an Android. Got verification code on Android phone, entered into iPhone. It was successful. Reboot both iPhone and iPad with 2 minutes interval.

Yesterday, thought all set, same as soon as tap on "Install" for Zoom on iPad, still receiving the same on iPhone, and nothing on Android phone.

Instead of Verification Code Ask Me to Change Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.