Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two way factor Apple ID identification

I have a problem with my Apple ID. I created it a long time ago with using my work email (I wish I knew better). Now I am leaving my job and even though I added a different iCloud email to it , whenever I am trying to log in to that Apple ID or iCloud etc it always sends the verification code to my work phone and after today I won’t have any access to that phone so that means I won’t be able to get the codes from it allowing me to log into my iCloud from a different device. (Crying)

Please help me!!!!!

how do I change the number on my account. I’ve tried everything I think but it won’t let me change the phone number. Is there a way I could turned off the two way identification on my account to log in to my account without being asked for the verification code????????

help!!!!!

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 6:11 AM

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage    

From the article below. If it has been on longer than 2 weeks, you can't turn it off. 

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication.       

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2021 6:11 AM in response to IlonaDiaz

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage    

From the article below. If it has been on longer than 2 weeks, you can't turn it off. 

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication.       

Two way factor Apple ID identification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.