Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: configuring imap high sierria

How do you set up an account with different incoming and outgoing mail servers and credentials? the new layout doesn't allow you to specify the account details for incoming and outgoing mail and is thus unable to verify the credentials and add the account,

macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 15, 2018 5:03 PM in response to neannm In response to neannm

Yes you can.

Select the last option for a new accont: "Other mail account..."

Insert Name, Mail Account and Password and sign in.

In the next window you'll be able to choose between pop or imap and manually insert desired servers.

User uploaded file
<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Mar 15, 2018 5:03 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 4:42 PM in response to majortom1967 In response to majortom1967

Thanks majortom1967, that is what I had tried.

However since my incoming and outgoing mail has different credentials and configurations I can never get passed your last screen as my account will not verify. It is possible to edit this once an account is added, but in my case the account never gets added.

What I think I need is to be able to see something like the following (which used to be the old version) as soon as I try to add an account

User uploaded file

Mar 15, 2018 4:42 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: neannm

Question: configuring imap high sierria