Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you have to use celluar?

If I purchased a stainless steel Apple Watch, and didn’t want to use the celluar plan, are you stuck with the monthly payment or can you still get the watch and not activate the celluar data? I looked online and didn’t see a stainless steel option without celluar and GPS Only..

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 4:11 PM

Hello dilanfromsilt,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I know it's important to have your Apple Watch set up the way the want it to be. You do not have to set up the cellular plan. If you have already set up the cellular service then his guide can be of assistance to you regarding removing the cellular connection:

Set up and use cellular on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) - Apple Support

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Remove your cellular plan

You can remove your cellular plan at any time:

1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
  2. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Cellular.
  3. Tap User uploaded file next to your carrier at the top of the screen.
  4. Tap Remove [carrier] Plan. Tap again to confirm.
  5. If you aren't going to pair again, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription.*

When you erase and unpair your Apple Watch, you'll also get the option to remove the plan from your Apple Watch. When asked, choose Erase All to remove the plan.

Take care.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2018 4:11 PM in response to dilanfromsilt

Hello dilanfromsilt,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I know it's important to have your Apple Watch set up the way the want it to be. You do not have to set up the cellular plan. If you have already set up the cellular service then his guide can be of assistance to you regarding removing the cellular connection:

Set up and use cellular on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) - Apple Support

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Remove your cellular plan

You can remove your cellular plan at any time:

1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
  2. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Cellular.
  3. Tap User uploaded file next to your carrier at the top of the screen.
  4. Tap Remove [carrier] Plan. Tap again to confirm.
  5. If you aren't going to pair again, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription.*

When you erase and unpair your Apple Watch, you'll also get the option to remove the plan from your Apple Watch. When asked, choose Erase All to remove the plan.

Take care.

Do you have to use celluar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.