Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant drag and drop songs within itunes.

i can't drag and drop songs within itunes on my PC. i've tried uninstalling/re-installing...

i plug in my iphone, and i created a new playlist on my itunes. i wan't to drag and drop songs into my new playlist.

please advise

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 7:55 PM

4 replies

Mar 21, 2018 3:25 PM in response to maraki67

I have this issue using a MAC and iTunes 12 and an iPhone 6.

First time ever with an issue in iTunes and have always manually managed music. I am on my 5th iphone.

I always create playlists, (thats because I move entire concerts on and off of device) and then drag playlists onto the device. Snce a recent upgrade, (iTunes 12.7.3) the device only copies SOME of the music files, NEVER all of them.

When I try to drag files individually, they will NOT copy onto the ipod/phone device. We just see a grayed out, dotted circle next to the files that will not move.

I have re-started iphone/ipod device, restarted iTunes, re-started Mac, but the same thing happens. Any help is appreciated. All software is up to date.

i cant drag and drop songs within itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.