Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Backup error 112

As of today Time Machine backup to my Time Capsule fails. A dialog box tells me that disk image'Volumes/Data/my nameMacBook Pro.sparebundle" could not be accessed (error 112). I use MacBook Pro (Retina 15", mid 2015) MacOS 10.13.3 Time capsule firmware up to date.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:54 AM

Hold down the option key on your Mac while you click on the Time Machine "clock" icon at the top of the screen

Click on Verify Backups

The process might take anywhere from 10-60 minutes or more depending on how much data is stored on the Time Capsule

Report on your results

5 replies

Mar 17, 2018 1:01 AM in response to Paritosho

Sadly this is the norm now with High Sierra.

You have a couple of choices.

1. If you really want to use Time Machine get a USB drive and plug it into the MBP and use it as the target. TM is much more reliable to local cf network targets.

2. Reset the Time Capsule. If you want to keep the old backup then I advise doing an archive to a USB drive (equal size to the TC disk).. then erase the TC disk.. reset it to factory.. and do a full reconfigure.. use all very short names.. not Apple recommended ones.. no spaces and pure alphanumerics.

Select this new target and start TM.. be warned it is very likely to happen again.. it might be a week or a month or even more but it will eventually wipe out its own backup or mess up its settings.

3. Use a different backup software.. I recommend Carbon Copy Cloner. There are other like superduper which is also popular but I found CCC best combo of price/performance/functionality. (no commercial connection).

Time Machine Backup error 112

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.