Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop ALL incoming calls despite connecting to Bluetooth using Do Not Disturb while driving?

All iOS is most up to date - iOS 11.2.6

iPhone 6s

using Apple Map when driving.

The fact is - i just really need to stop all incoming calls whichever urgency it is when driving and i risk assess that the risk of accidents definitely outweighs that of taking an urgent call or whatever. Unfortunately it was thought that the iPhone would be smart enough to notice that connecting to Bluetooth would mean being safe to take calls (but the thing is Siri is pretty bad in the car and would affect me using the Map on the road!). I don't even drive a call with inbuilt Bluetooth system - i only use one of those little Bluetooth enabled audio device so that i can listen to music from my iPhone music library in the car.

So my question is simple - how do we stop ALL incoming calls, WhatsApp calls, WeChat calls, Line calls, etc etc when driving?

Many thanks in advance.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 4:14 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 17, 2018 5:45 AM in response to kl01

‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’ should activate ‘Do Not Disturb’ temporary and with extra settings/features.

‘Do Not Disturb’ should block all incoming messages (except what you have allowed).

• Add ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’ to Control Center. Besides the moon, you should also see a car symbol now.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

• Set ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’ to Activate to either ‘Automatically’, ‘When Connected to Car Bluetooth’, or ‘Manually’. Try to have someone call you in either of these three settings, you don’t have to pick up, just to see what notification you get, in a controlled environment. The ‘Manually’ setting needs you to activate ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving’ in Control Center (tick the car symbol).

• Note the Notes at the bottom the support page: Fitness Tracking should be ‘on’ for the non-manual settings.

How to stop ALL incoming calls despite connecting to Bluetooth using Do Not Disturb while driving?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.