Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Support code 300 printer not responding

I have read all the replies on this and it still seems unresolved. I have tried all the suggestions so I am going to replace the printer Is it only with Canon printers?

Chris

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 5:55 AM

2 replies

Mar 17, 2018 6:44 AM in response to Chris@Badgers

There is no information in your post that could allow anyone to help you in the slightest. Support code 300 is not a Mac error code, it is a Printer error code.

What MacBook model with what size screen? There are more than 50 computers that bear that name, released over more than a decade.

What version of macOS? Have you recently upgraded? you may need to remove and rebuild your Printer Queues if you have.

what Printer?

what method are you using to connect the printer? {USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, other}

if Wi-Fi, what is the Printer's IP Address?

Have you recently made any changes to your network, such as replacing a Router?

are you trying to print from the Mac or from an iDevice using AirPrint?

Mar 17, 2018 12:36 PM in response to Chris@Badgers

Its on iMac. Sorry, new to forums and didn't notice I had selected the wrong one. Sorted now, Apparently it's a Canon message...see nearly 1000 posts on this! None really sort the problem, hence my post

Its not dependant on OS but currently High Sierra Canon MP495 but again you will see this happens across a whole range. Its Wifi. This printer does not have Air Print. No recent changes to network Wifi and print work OK with windows laptop. I have spent many hours with Apple support on the phone and they cannot fix it I think this answers all your relevant questions. Now moved on and have asked if it works with Air Print better

Chris

Support code 300 printer not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.