Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Share with Airdrop

I have been trying to share a photo from the camera roll on iPadAir2 to iPhone 8+ and 13" MacBook Pro (early 2015 running MacOS10.13.3) using Airdrop. I receive the error message: Unable to Share-There was an error while preparing to share. Please try again later. Bluebooth and wireless are turned on all devices. I can see the images of the MacBook Pro and iPhone 8+ (or iPadAir2 and MacBookPro on the screens. What do I need to check/do on the devices to make this work?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 4:27 PM

Here are a few things to check.

• Are all devices on the same Wi-Fi network?
  • Is Hotspot turned off on any device that might offer it?
  • Does the iPad Air 2 have sufficient free storage? Check Settings > General > iPad Storage and be certain you never have less (hopefully much more) than 10% of the total storage free.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2018 4:27 PM in response to Sunsetdude

Here are a few things to check.

• Are all devices on the same Wi-Fi network?
  • Is Hotspot turned off on any device that might offer it?
  • Does the iPad Air 2 have sufficient free storage? Check Settings > General > iPad Storage and be certain you never have less (hopefully much more) than 10% of the total storage free.

Unable to Share with Airdrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.