Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Bootcamp issue , MBR Partition table.

Hi everyone, i had this issue with boot camp 2 months ago and I wasn’t just trying and trying again and again and i successfully installed Windows 10 on boot camp on my MacBooks Pro 2012 retina 15 inch, few days ago windows crashed, and i lost all the files and entire Os, partition was empty, so I tried again to install, but I can’t, I’m just keep getting same error over and over again.

It goes normally by the time when I should choose what partition I want to use to install windows, and then this error pops up, and it says: ,,Windows cannot he installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR Partition table, on EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GPT disks.

Please if someone knows how to fix this please help me, this is driving me crazy.

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 7:33 AM

FilipNosonja wrote:

Yes I used BC assistant, I can choose Windows, there are Mac OS, Windows and EFI, but if I choose windows it says no bootable device.

Is your USB a USB3 flash drive? If yes, it is unsupported. Only USB2 flash drives are supported because none of the Windows installers have USB3 drivers present in the installer. Either you can add them or switch to a USB2.

FilipNosonja wrote:

I installed Windows 10 about 10 times already and every time I done this way throw EFI... last time I had this issue, and now again I have this issue..

You can also remove the MBR using GPT Fdisk (https://sourceforge.net/projects/gptfdisk/). See MBR partition table, only GPT disk as an example. You may also need to disable SIP, if necessary.

Similar questions

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2018 7:33 AM in response to FilipNosonja

FilipNosonja wrote:

Yes I used BC assistant, I can choose Windows, there are Mac OS, Windows and EFI, but if I choose windows it says no bootable device.

Is your USB a USB3 flash drive? If yes, it is unsupported. Only USB2 flash drives are supported because none of the Windows installers have USB3 drivers present in the installer. Either you can add them or switch to a USB2.

FilipNosonja wrote:

I installed Windows 10 about 10 times already and every time I done this way throw EFI... last time I had this issue, and now again I have this issue..

You can also remove the MBR using GPT Fdisk (https://sourceforge.net/projects/gptfdisk/). See MBR partition table, only GPT disk as an example. You may also need to disable SIP, if necessary.

Mar 18, 2018 10:46 AM in response to FilipNosonja

Disable SIP.

Boot into Local Recovery using Command+R during Boot.

• Click on Utilities -> Terminal
  • Type csrutil status
  • Type csrutil disable
  • Type csrutil status
  • If 'disabled' boot normally.

Remove MBR.

Start Terminal

• Type sudo gdisk /dev/disk0 (Do not type such text)
  • x (Experts Menu)
  • n (New Protective MBR)
  • o (Print MBR)
  • p (Print partition table)
  • w (write)
  • y (Confirm write)
  • q (quit, if necessary)

Reboot and try to boot from the USB and use EFI Boot and test.

MacBook Pro Bootcamp issue , MBR Partition table.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.