Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: System Extension Blocked

I am trying to install Kaspersky AntiVirus on my mac, but I am unable to.

I get a System Extension Block with two choice Open Security Preferences and OK.

Clicking OK I get another System Extension Block popup until I get plenty that fill my screen.

Clicking Open Security Preferences, I have two options App Store and App Store and identified developers. I have the App Store and identified developers.

I thought that when installing an app I should be able to select OK from this screen but I do not. I have tried various command line "fixes" via terminal but they do not seem to work. This is the first time in years that I have been pulling my hair out with a mac. Normally, everything simply works.

MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.3

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 8:48 AM in response to agnieszkafromschaumburg In response to agnieszkafromschaumburg

It is a good thing that Kaspersky AntiVirus is being blocked. Your computer is trying to protect you. Kaspersky and other anti virus apps are not needed and they may cause issues.

Effective defenses against malware and other threats

Mar 17, 2018 8:48 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: agnieszkafromschaumburg

Question: System Extension Blocked