Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Formula editor in Keynote is not appearing

I'm using Keynote 7.3.1 on a Mac running OS 10.13.3

In a Keynote presentation I am preparing, I have several charts that display data in tables that I created using the "Edit Chart Data" table that is available whenever you create a chart.

I want to use some simple functions (just addition and subtraction) to generate some of the data in the Chart Data table.

Keynote Help says that when I enter an = sign in a cell, a formula editor will automatically open. But it isn't happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions for why the formula editor isn't appearing?

Thanks!

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

As charts and tables are different functions in Keynote, the data in a table has to be transferred to a chart:

• click the table on the slide to select
  • copy the data in the table (command C or edit > copy)
  • place a Chart on a new slide (Insert > Chart) then click the Edit Chart Data button
  • paste the data (command V or Edit > Paste)

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 5:40 PM in response to Gary Scotland In response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for the reply Gary. I have a follow up question that may be drifting a bit off-topic, but...

If I make a table (and use formulas & functions to help generate the data in the table), can I create a chart from the table and make the table invisible?

Thanks again!

Mar 17, 2018 5:40 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 20, 2018 5:32 AM in response to Clinto In response to Clinto

As charts and tables are different functions in Keynote, the data in a table has to be transferred to a chart:

• click the table on the slide to select
  • copy the data in the table (command C or edit > copy)
  • place a Chart on a new slide (Insert > Chart) then click the Edit Chart Data button
  • paste the data (command V or Edit > Paste)

Mar 20, 2018 5:32 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Clinto

Question: Formula editor in Keynote is not appearing