Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Formula editor in Keynote is not appearing

I'm using Keynote 7.3.1 on a Mac running OS 10.13.3

In a Keynote presentation I am preparing, I have several charts that display data in tables that I created using the "Edit Chart Data" table that is available whenever you create a chart.

I want to use some simple functions (just addition and subtraction) to generate some of the data in the Chart Data table.

Keynote Help says that when I enter an = sign in a cell, a formula editor will automatically open. But it isn't happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions for why the formula editor isn't appearing?

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2018 5:32 AM

As charts and tables are different functions in Keynote, the data in a table has to be transferred to a chart:

• click the table on the slide to select
  • copy the data in the table (command C or edit > copy)
  • place a Chart on a new slide (Insert > Chart) then click the Edit Chart Data button
  • paste the data (command V or Edit > Paste)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2018 5:32 AM in response to Clinto

As charts and tables are different functions in Keynote, the data in a table has to be transferred to a chart:

• click the table on the slide to select
  • copy the data in the table (command C or edit > copy)
  • place a Chart on a new slide (Insert > Chart) then click the Edit Chart Data button
  • paste the data (command V or Edit > Paste)

Formula editor in Keynote is not appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.