Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers does not export a chart to Keynote anymore - only jpg

Dear all,

I have been working making stacked 2D bar plots in numbers which I rework (to make complete figures for publishing) in Keynote. In the past I never had to wonder how to continue editing in Keynote since by copy/pasting the chart was copied with its data and series all together. Now since I started working on the same filed to do an update of data, I find that I can only import jpg in Keynote. If I do command-c and I look in finder in the clipboard, I in fact see an image. What can I do? I need to write a paper and I am already delayed enough!

Best

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 26, 2018 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2018 9:27 AM

Hi fpasotti,

Numbers 5.1

Click on the graph and Copy

User uploaded file

In Keynote 8.1 click on a blank part of the canvas and Paste

User uploaded file

Click on Edit Chart Data

User uploaded file

I can edit the chart data.

It works here, so what is not working for you?

As SG asked, do you have any app on your machine that could be interfering with normal Copy and Paste?

Regards,

Ian.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2018 9:27 AM in response to fpasotti

Hi fpasotti,

Numbers 5.1

Click on the graph and Copy

User uploaded file

In Keynote 8.1 click on a blank part of the canvas and Paste

User uploaded file

Click on Edit Chart Data

User uploaded file

I can edit the chart data.

It works here, so what is not working for you?

As SG asked, do you have any app on your machine that could be interfering with normal Copy and Paste?

Regards,

Ian.

Jul 26, 2018 8:03 AM in response to SGIII

I am very pleased that you had no problem. But as I said, I do have this problem. I do the exact same thing you do, but oddly the chart is only copied NOW as a jpg file. Before I worked on the same numbers and keynote files by copy-pasting all the charts I made with no issues. So, is this a bug in the system? there are no updates available for neither Apps so I am not sure what the underlying problem could be. This is the issue: the command-c does copy the chart as a jpg file. Why is that now???

Jul 26, 2018 8:31 AM in response to fpasotti

We're fellow users here in this forum, and have no way of seeing exactly what you are doing or how you have your system set up or what versions of Numbers and Keynote you are running. You haven't provided details.

All I can say is I have no problem at all with Numbers 5.1 and Keynote 8.1, so I doubt that this is a bug. Maybe you have some sort of clipboard utility installed or have some other special setting that is inhibiting the normal behavior.

Hope that helps.

SG

Jul 27, 2018 3:00 AM in response to SGIII

Thank you SG. I will see how to find out whether some clipboard settings have indeed been messed up in the past months and hence changed the way the command-c does move stuff from numbers to keynote...I hope I figure it out cause it is really odd. The other charts into the same keynote presentation I can do anything to them, they even have the standard deviation from the numbers file. I really have no clue what happened! Will keep you posted in case I find the solution!

Numbers does not export a chart to Keynote anymore - only jpg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.