Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: can you fix a bent iphone 7?

I have a bent iPhone 7. It’s only recently had problems where it has calling issues. I didn’t even realize it was bent until I took it to the AT&T store because it’s always been in a case. I have it under warranty from square trade, but they make me bring it to the Apple store. I am going today, but wonder if it’s worth fixing or very expensive? I’m thinking of switching carriers and upgrading instead. Has anyone had this issue?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 8:35 PM in response to Ishie60 In response to Ishie60

For the most part having a bent iPhone is considered to be accidental damage. There really isn't any way it's considered a manufacturing defect covered under warranty. Apple won't actually repair it. A bent case would likely require a full out of warranty replacement. It's $319+tax for the iPhone 7.

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Mar 17, 2018 8:35 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 18, 2018 6:41 AM in response to Ishie60 In response to Ishie60

If you have Squaretrade, pay the deductible and get a replacement. Otherwise, what was the point of buying insurance? If you want to upgrade, then sell the replacement 3rd party.

As for a case, all that I've used will flex. If the case will flex, how would it protect your device from bending? You'd need a heavy, solid metal case to protect the phone from being bent, which is not practical.

Mar 18, 2018 6:41 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Ishie60

Question: can you fix a bent iphone 7?