Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Removing 'Yesterday' and 'Today' from mail dates.

Hi,

In the top right hand corner of a mail window is the date. If it's 2 days ago the mail was received or sent it will have the date in full format, however if it was received or sent less than 2 days it will either have 'Yesterday' or 'Today', depending when it was sent.

I need the absolute date in my emails, regardless of when it was sent/received. How do I set this, is it possible?

Thanks in advance,

Graeme

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

You’re welcome.

I suspected the need was something like that. I suggest clicking the PDF dropdown menu, and selecting either Print PDF or Open in Preview. You can then take a screenshot of that, or just print it. It will have absolute dates.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 3:20 PM in response to Grahdy In response to Grahdy

I need the absolute date in my emails, regardless of when it was sent/received.

That need is met if you were to print an email, such as when printing a message required for archival or evidentiary purposes.

For just looking at it on your Mac though, no, there is no way to have Mail display an absolute date.

Mar 17, 2018 3:20 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 17, 2018 5:15 PM in response to Grahdy In response to Grahdy

You’re welcome.

I suspected the need was something like that. I suggest clicking the PDF dropdown menu, and selecting either Print PDF or Open in Preview. You can then take a screenshot of that, or just print it. It will have absolute dates.

Mar 17, 2018 5:15 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Grahdy

Question: Removing 'Yesterday' and 'Today' from mail dates.