Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A light burn in mark on iPhone X

I found my phone with a light burn in mark. Maybe I play the game by using the emulator. The burn in mark just exactly the shape of the emulator where it was placed. It’s visibly when I make the background grey. So can I go to Apple store and swap it?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 4:43 PM

3 replies

Mar 17, 2018 4:47 PM in response to yingcong6

What do you mean by “emulator”? If you’ve jailbroken your phone to install apps (like delta emulator) that are not available in the App Store, then you’ve already voided support from Apple.

Either way, you’ll need to make an appointment at your nearest Apple store, let them evaluate the device, and they will then tell you what they can do for you. These are user community forums so nobody here can say what Apple may or may not be able to do to help with your situation.

Mar 17, 2018 5:35 PM in response to yingcong6

Okay, then take it in to Apple and let them see it. They won’t be able to really tell you anything until they get to examine it themselves and see what the issue is.

Ordinarily, OLED burn in would require a truly static image on 24/7 for days. So if your seeing ghosting that isn’t going away with normal use, then your display may have an issue.

A light burn in mark on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.