Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod not recognized by ipod.

It is a 160gb ipod classic. I don't believe it's a software or driver problem as my 6 other ipods work with itunes just fine. I've also restored this particular ipod to its original settings and it is fully charged. So what other things might I try to effectively troubleshoot this problem?

iPod classic, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 5:51 PM

5 replies

Mar 18, 2018 5:56 PM in response to turingtest2

Yes it does make the same sounds, and yes I can place it in disk mode. By "fluff" if you mean a blockage by dust, or something, in the dock port I did try to blow it clean in case something was there, but discerned nothing.

I'm at a loss at to what the problem is as it's been totally restored without issue, is fully recognized by Windows 10, I have established that the driver is in place, iTunes software is current, and my other 6 iPod 160gb classics work just fine. The last observation leads me to the conclusion that it has to be the device itself; thus my query as to what other troubleshooting I need do with the physical device.

I do appreciate your timely response to my initial query, and will further appreciate any other advice you might be able to provide.

PS: I just turned the iPod in question off/on again but DID NOT HEAR any sounds this time, yet the device shows as fully charged. Does this mean something to you?

ipod not recognized by ipod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.