Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: ipod not recognized by ipod.

It is a 160gb ipod classic. I don't believe it's a software or driver problem as my 6 other ipods work with itunes just fine. I've also restored this particular ipod to its original settings and it is fully charged. So what other things might I try to effectively troubleshoot this problem?

iPod classic, Windows 10

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 18, 2018 5:56 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

Yes it does make the same sounds, and yes I can place it in disk mode. By "fluff" if you mean a blockage by dust, or something, in the dock port I did try to blow it clean in case something was there, but discerned nothing.

I'm at a loss at to what the problem is as it's been totally restored without issue, is fully recognized by Windows 10, I have established that the driver is in place, iTunes software is current, and my other 6 iPod 160gb classics work just fine. The last observation leads me to the conclusion that it has to be the device itself; thus my query as to what other troubleshooting I need do with the physical device.

I do appreciate your timely response to my initial query, and will further appreciate any other advice you might be able to provide.

PS: I just turned the iPod in question off/on again but DID NOT HEAR any sounds this time, yet the device shows as fully charged. Does this mean something to you?

Mar 18, 2018 5:56 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: regentpark3

Question: ipod not recognized by ipod.