Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texts won’t sync

Hello,

Can’t get all my texts to sync with my iPad from my iPhone. iOS 11 on both devices and signed into iCloud on both devices.

Thanks

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:29 PM

7 replies

Mar 18, 2018 12:09 PM in response to ajogpz

Hi ajogpz,

I understand that you'd like to set up your iPad to receive the texts you get on your iPhone. I know this is an important and convenient feature to use; I'm happy to help. I'd suggest following the steps below to ensure both devices are set up for text message forwarding:
  • On iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Make sure that the Apple ID at the top of the screen is the same Apple ID that you're using for iMessage on your other devices. Add a check to your phone number and email address, so that you can be reached by iMessage at both. Do the same on your iPad or iPod touch.
  • On iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, then choose which devices to allow to send and receive text messages from this iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.
Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Best Regards.

Texts won’t sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.