Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some photos albums are empty after connecting to iCloud

I used to sync my photos manually with the master library on my Mac Book Pro and I selected which albums I wanted on either my iPhone or iPad. With the upgrades last fall my devices would not sync completely. This is documented elsewhere. So I bit the bullet and purchased 2TB of cloud space. After about 7 days it appears the library was transferred to iCloud with the originals on the Mac. However, now my iPad and iPhone appear to have most of the photos but also have a series of albums with no photos in them. For example the "People from my Mac" has all the names but no people.

What can I do to rectify this.

Paul

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2018 5:29 AM

Well I finally followed up on your suggestion and I see that several albums are not included. Memories, People and Places do not appear as folder options. Those are the folders that are blank on my iDevices. It this a known issue?

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 19, 2018 12:36 PM in response to Paul Kleeberg

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Some photos albums are empty after connecting to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.