Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why created albums in Photos in Mac are not showing in iPhone, when iCloud storage is allowed in all devices

Hi guys, I am sure that I am not the first one, but I didn't find satisfying answers on internet.

I have quite a lot of albums, most of them are smart (dynamic) albums, sorted in folders in my Macbook Pro Photos app.

Under same Apple ID I have also my iPhone with a enough storage and I can't see all of the albums nor folders.

• same Apple ID
  • enough storage in both
  • iCloud storing ON in both

So, where is the hack, please? Thank you

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 2:18 AM

Smart albums are a problem. They are syncing to iCloud and can be seen on other Macs, but not on an iPhone or iPad. They are not shown, because Photos iIOS does not support smart albums and cannot display them. I hope this will soon change. Currently we have to double the smart albums as regular albums to be able to see them on the iPhone or iPad.

My iPhone Pro 11 Max with iOS 15 is showing all folders in Photos, but the folders with only smart albums are empty.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 2:18 AM in response to Mustang_Shrek

Smart albums are a problem. They are syncing to iCloud and can be seen on other Macs, but not on an iPhone or iPad. They are not shown, because Photos iIOS does not support smart albums and cannot display them. I hope this will soon change. Currently we have to double the smart albums as regular albums to be able to see them on the iPhone or iPad.

My iPhone Pro 11 Max with iOS 15 is showing all folders in Photos, but the folders with only smart albums are empty.

Why created albums in Photos in Mac are not showing in iPhone, when iCloud storage is allowed in all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.