Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem downloading "iTunes LP" from store.

I just purchased "AC/DC - Let There Be Rock" from the iTunes store and downloaded all of the album tracks to my Windows 7 PC with no problem, but then received the following error message when it tried to download the actual "iTunes LP" part.

User uploaded file

I think this is the first album I have bought from the store that has the "iTunes LP" badge. I have tried restarting iTunes and the same error -5000 comes up automatically every time. Everything else seems to be working OK. Any ideas? Thanks

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 12:49 PM

Good afternoon Hedgehog1965UK,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!
I understand you are seeing error -5000 when you try to download the LP version of the "Let There Be Rock" album you purchased. The resource below provides troubleshooting steps for this specific error.
If you see error -5000, -69, 13010, or 13014 when you sync music in iTunes
Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2018 12:49 PM in response to Hedgehog1965UK

Good afternoon Hedgehog1965UK,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!
I understand you are seeing error -5000 when you try to download the LP version of the "Let There Be Rock" album you purchased. The resource below provides troubleshooting steps for this specific error.
If you see error -5000, -69, 13010, or 13014 when you sync music in iTunes
Take care.

Mar 19, 2018 1:14 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks so much. The article reminded me to check that my security software wasn't blocking access. I am using Malwarebytes Premium and I temporarily disabled it and retried the download of the LP, and it worked! It didn't occur to me before that this could be a problem, as Malwarebytes usually shows a pop-up window whenever it blocks anything, but that didn't happen in this case. I turned Malwarebytes back on after the download to check that the LP would still play and it was fine. Although it's a bit of a pain having to disable this temporarily every time I want to download an iTunes LP, at least I can always turn it back on after the initial download.

Problem downloading "iTunes LP" from store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.